Meporter.com is a funded Washington DC based startup that is ready to roll out its product. We are looking for a highly motivated self starter to work hand-in-hand with the founders to refine and execute an aggressive growth strategy and contribute to the organization's long- and short-term goals.
A successful candidate must be:
- Independent: You will be asked to make key executive decisions on the fly in a startup atmosphere
- Self motivated: You will have carte blanche to come up with your own ideas for completing your daily tasks, goals, and company initiatives within the guidelines we'll provide
- Entrepreneurial: You will participate in all brainstorming sessions and you will have an active voice in the company's direction. Every initiative and goal you come up with must be cost effective and drive clients and customers to our site
- Outgoing and not easily intimidated: You will be making presentations to key management and potentially dealing with upper management and employees of other companies. If you have an objection to something we encourage you to speak your mind. No question is a bad question.
The Web Developer position plays a critical front end/middle tier developer role in the organization. This position supports the analysis, design, implementation, and testing of project or operations based work. As a web developer you should have or be in the process of gaining expert knowledge of content management systems, Templates, applications, file and backend systems. A web developer must have expert level front end development skills. Troubleshooting is a required skill set. As a web developer you should be capable of leading the technical aspects of initiatives lasting a few days to several months. Critical thinking, documentation, communication, project leadership, and pride in work are all skills critical to success in this role.
- Very Strong JSP/JAVA/J2EE or similar experience
- Significant experience with Frameworking and Patterns
- Proven ability to work with all members of a project team
- Experience drafting requirements and functional specifications
- Must be organized and capable of tracking multiple issues simultaneously
- Structured programming experience or coursework
- Ability to follow existing programming and style guidelines to maintain consistent website look and feel and consistent quality of code.
- Maintains documentation, procedures and working instructions for the operations team.
- Manages daily processes of web resources and activities assigned.
- Shows initiative in constantly reassessing business needs and makes suggestions that meet those needs proactively.
- Develops new site functionality or code-base to decrease maintenance time and increase productivity.
Specific Skills Required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Experience writing technical specs and driving them through development
- Experience with two and three tier web architecture.
- Strong understanding of browser compatibility issues.
- Strong website development and maintenance skills.
- Ability to perform multiple project tasks
Oracle experience is a plus.
You must be comfortable having various tasks delegated to you and running full speed with them. You must check your ego at the door every day. Good ideas come from anywhere. We don't care who takes the credit for them; we care about what is best for the company's long-term and short-term growth.
You must have at least 3 years experience in Web Development and Programming. We will be relying on you to effectively and efficiently carry out your daily tasks in accordance with the company's goals and strategies.
You will be working closely with the founders every day. We want someone who has been there and can immediately teach us how to get our presence noticed in the marketplace. This position is not for a 9-5er, but for an individual with passion, drive and the need to succeed.
Please forward your resume, with cover letter, to email@example.com. Salary will be commensurate to your experience level.